Comparing resources with repository versions
To compare Workbench resources with those in the repository:
- Select a resource in one of the navigation views.
- From the resource's pop-up menu, select one of the following menu items:
- Compare With > Latest From <Branch Name> or <Version>- Compare the
Workbench resource with the latest resources currently committed to the branch that the local project is shared
with or if the local project is checked out as a version then compare against the version. A compare editor
will be opened. This editor will display a tree of all resource differences between the workspace resource and
the latest resources in the repository.
- Compare With > Another Branch or Version - Compare the Workbench resource with a specific version
or branch that you select in the repository. A compare editor will be opened. The editor will display a tree of
all resource differences between the workspace resource and the resources in the specified version or
- Compare With > History... - (available only on a file) Compare the Workbench file with another
revision of the file. Based on your preference settings, either the History view or a dialog will open. The
History view (or dialog) will contain a table of all available revisions of the selected file. Selecting one of
the revisions will show the differences between the workspace revision and the selected revision.
Tip: When comparing with a branch or version, you can specify a particular date instead of a version or
branch tag. This can be done by right clicking on the Dates category in the tag selection list and
choosing Add Date. A Date Tag dialog is displayed that allows you to specify a date and optionally a
time. After you click Ok, the date tag will appear in the tag selection list.
Three way comparisons
Synchronizing with the repository
Setting preferences for comparing files